01 09 10

Monday, June 16, 2014

Corn Hole Game

Corn hole games can cost upwards of $200. I had some materials left over from the DIY play kitchen so I figured we could make a set for way cheaper than buying it. My dad helped me build the board on one Saturday. It's actually pretty simple. We didn't make 2 at this time, but we will have to make a second board further down the road.

I found a great blog on how to make a DIY corn hole game and I like how they decorated their boards as well. Check out the Happier Homemaker's blog for step-by-step instructions.








I like the 'stained wood look' with a little bit of paint instead of painting the entire thing. Wood can be so unique looking and I didn't want to cover it all up. I stained my board with a dark walnut colored stain, which I just love!



Then I used painters tape to create the stripes along the border. I painted blue and orange stripes (Bronco colors!)



Here you can see the stripes all finished.



Then I printed out a Bronco logo on card stock to make it more durable. I traced the outline of the Bronco head and then I free handed the inner details. It was a lot of work and took me about 3 hours to do the Bronco head alone. I'm sure other sport logos have a much easier design though. I also ordered blue and orange corn hole bean bags through Amazon. There are dozens of color options and you could get the colors you need to match your board. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment