01 09 10

Monday, July 11, 2016

Mermaid Party

I threw a mermaid themed party for my daughter's 5th birthday. She wanted to have her party at the pool, so I thought that a mermaid theme would be fitting. 


I designed this invitation on my Mac.



I made a fish bowl centerpiece with the number 5 on it. I just put glass beads, seashells, and water in it (all purchased from the Dollar store). I also scattered seashells on the tables. 




I purchased the mermaid plates from Walmart.






I got the cupcake idea from Pinterest. They were sorta hard to photograph. We baked the cupcakes and frosted them with blue frosting. The "mermaid tail" is a sugar cone from the grocery store. I made a template for the mermaid tails and printed them out on card stock. We glued the tails to a toothpick that we shoved into the bottom of the cone. This was the trickiest part. We had to break off the bottom of the cone to make the hole large enough for the toothpick, but the trick was trying to not break the whole cone.






These were the favors. I bought a box of wood beads and seashells from Hobby Lobby and we portioned all the beads into snack size ziplock bags. I included a thin string for the kids to make necklaces. I printed off little cards to put in the bags that said "Thanks for swimming on by". These favors were a hit!! The kids loved them! 





This was one of my simpler parties. I just had my son 4 weeks prior, so we were trying to keep the party decorations minimal, but they still turned out great!




No comments:

Post a Comment