01 09 10

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Mickey Mouse 1st Birthday Party

For my son's 1st birthday we had a Mickey party. It was such a fun and easy theme as there is tons of Mickey ideas out there! Here are some pics from his party, complete with DIY!

I made these invitations with my mom who graciously helped me cut one afternoon. Honestly, a Circuit machine would be best for this sort of project, but I don't have one yet. There was a lot of cutting involved here! The red piece on front makes a pocket that the invitation sits in. I had some old buttons lying around that I glued onto Mickey's shirt. I downloaded the Waltograph font from DaFont for the text on the invites. Downloading the font and uploading it into Pages on my Mac was the best because I used that font for many other things for this party. I love these invitations!


This welcome sign was pretty easy to make. I just hand-drew the three parts on construction paper, cut them out, then glued them to a ribbon, spaced apart like shown below. I also used the Waltograph font for this sign.



I bought this outdoor banner from Party City that hung on the garage.


I made this highchair banner in no time at all! I bought Mickey fabric from Joann's as well as a plain black fabric too. Then I just cut the fabric into long, even strips, then tied them around a thin piece of rope, but you could use whatever string you have around the house. I took the cover off the highchair to make it plain white. I think it turned out so cute!


I tied a couple balloons to the back of his chair to really make his chair special. :-) 


 I typed up labels for the food using the same Waltograph font. We had Chip 'N Dales Chips 'N Dip, Donald's Drinks, Pluto's Potato Salad, and a Hot Diggity Dog Bar (which I forgot to take a picture of). 





I made a 12 month banner that featured his monthly pictures I took over his first year. Each hanging was a Mickey Mouse silhouette which consisted of 3 circles glued together (2 smaller circles for the ears). Then behind the Mickey heads I glued mini clothespins to hang the pictures from. The 12 Mickey heads were glued to some black rope that I had lying around. It was hard to get a great picture of the banner because it was so long, but it turned out great! It just took a lot of time cutting all those circles out! I will be investing in a Circuit machine soon!!




Just a few other decorations I had around the house. Plush Mickey's really came in handy!




I bought these Mickey bubble party favors at Walmart.


The cakes that I made weren't all that difficult either; they were just time consuming. I made them all the day before. They basically consisted of 3 circles (two smaller ones for the ears), and piecing them together with frosting. I did trim the bottom edges off the ear circles to make them fit better on the large, main circle. (Tip: in between layers of frosting, put the cakes in your freezer to harden up the layer of frosting).




I found these Mickey cupcake toppers at the Dollar Store. Score! I just like having cupcakes at parties as well because it's easier to just hand out to the anxious kids!



And that was his Mickey party! I hope you got some great ideas! Have fun party planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment